York Minster

So I went to York for just a couple of days break two weeks ago, I had never visited there before. Had a great time, particularly enjoyed the National Railway Museum, and the sight of York Minster with scaffolding all over it. I love Gothic architecture,  the present cathedral building dates back to around the year 1230. Being face to face with a gargoyle up Chester Cathedral last month was amazing, the Minster is a lot bigger...
I had to do it, there were others who fancied it too. I very nearly ended up going back to York the day after I came home, but eventually ended up being me, Millhouse and Damian driving up to York at midnight. I had hoped to take some film shots up here as my Fuji is nowhere near up to this kind of job. Unfortunately the batteries were dead, so this was the best I could do with no tripod. The fog hanging over York was beautiful. Report and awesome pics by Millhouse here.

No comments:

Post a Comment